We designed our Jeep TJ Ford Dana 44 swap kit to make it easy for you to put a Ford Dana 44 in the front of your Jeep TJ, LJ, XJ, ZJ, or MJ. This kit is designed to work with a Dana 44 driver drop front axle out of a 1977 and earlier Ford F150 with weld on wedges. All parts of this kit are keyed to the truss, making installation a breeze. Simply set your caster angle, center and level the truss, and all other components will locate off from the truss. This kit includes all of the needed suspension brackets to install a Dana 44 under your Jeep, welding is required.
- Removal of the weld wedges is required
- This truss system may work on other Dana 44s, however we have only tested it on the driver drop 1977 and earlier Ford F150 with weld wedges
- The lug pattern on the Ford Dana 44 is 5x5.5 this will not match the factory lug pattern on your Jeep. You will need to re-drill your existing rear axle to match the lug pattern or swap the rear axle.
- The upper control arm mounts on this kit are approximately 1-1/4" higher due to the larger casting of the Dana 44. Adjustable upper and lower control arms are recommended.
- Brake lines, driveshaft modifications, vent tube, and steering linkages are the responsibility of the end user.