Want stronger U-joints that are still suitable for use without manual hubs? Nitro Excalibur Heavy Duty Chromoly U-Joints For Jeep Wrangler JK and JL are now available. Similar heavy duty Chromoly solid body design to our other competition/off-road Excalibur line of Universal Joints, but better suited for dual-sport use, as they feature needle bearings for longer wear resistance. Considerable stronger than the OEM Universal Joints, but wear longer than non-bearing type off-road-only joints.
Nitro 1541H steel and 4340 alloy and chromium and molybdenum alloy axles commonly known as Chromoly. Our OE replacement axles are made of 1541H steel for a 25-35 percent increase in strength over their stock counterparts. Nitro 4340 Chromoly axles are also heat treated but are designed with extra material for strength where it's needed. All of our axles are precision machined to OE specifications for excellent fitment.
1541H steel is a heat treated, carbon steel with .41 percent or less of other impurities. The heat treatments make the metal harder, with out making it brittle with a tensile strength of 181,000 psi. Up to 35 percent stronger than OE axles.
4340 Chromoly steel, is a lower carbon steel with a minimum of 10 percent chromium by weight. Known as a high strength, low carbon steel with a tensile strength of 228,000 psi opposed to OE standard 1040 steel with a tensile strength of 110,000 to 130,000 psi. That means they take more punishment, to get you further down the trail or off the trail entirely. That's Nitro Tough.
Nitro also offers extra long-splined shafts which can be cut to length and blank shafts for custom spline machining. Each new product is subjected to multi-point inspections and then actually installed and set up by Nitro's own in-house differential professionals to ensure excellent fitment and easy setup. At Nitro we strive to meet demands for new ratios and Fits and we are continually developing new products to stay ahead of the competition.
- CNC precision machining and heat treating processes ensure excellent fitment and overall strength.
- Our heat treatment is applied after the splines are cut which allows for deeper penetration where strength is needed.
- We have a rapid and ever growing range of products to meet new demands and Fits.
- Differential: Dana 30 JK
- Axle Splines: Inner: 30, Outer: 32
- Material: 4340 Chromoly Steel
- Warranty: 5 Years
- RT Inner Axle Shaft x1
- LT Inner Axle Shaft x1
- Outer Axle (Stub) x2
- U-Joints x2
- Uses larger diameter 1350 U-Joints (included).
- 30 spline upgrade for JK Dana 30 with aftermarket locker only!
- Also fits JK Dana 44 with custom aftermarket axle housing swap (e.g. Terraflex/Currie/Dynatrac) WITH aftermarket, 30 spline locker
- 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK